Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Best Blogging

A Look Back At My First Five Years

I'm getting better at blogging.

I now link to my blog on twitter, and increasingly, more people read my posts.

Here, then, are my top ten most popular, followed by my ten best, both in countdown order (below, you'll find these same lists tabulated at the time this piece was published--March 16th:

As of May 22nd, 2016:

Most Read
10.  Supreme Court 4/4 Tie in November -- The Scariest, Worst-Case Scenario (Feb. 29, 16)  ^1
9.  Why The Young Love Bernie (April 1st, '16)  New on list
8.  Trump's Possible Veep Picks (May 14th, '16)   New on list
7.  Gamified Labor -- On The Clock (Nov. 24, '13)  ^1
6.  The Case For Bernie (March 14, '16)   New on list
5. My Little Twitter Idea (May 5, '15)   ^1
4. Rock's Mighty 55 - The Meta-View (Nov. 22, '15)  ^1
3. Presidential Aplomb (Nov. 17, '13)   ^1
2. 13 Positions For A Republican Reboot (Nov. 12, '15)  ^1
1. Feedback On My Little Twitter Idea (Jan. 8, '16)    3 slot advance


Best

10.  My Favorite Web Links (constantly updated)
9.  Unbundling Pay TV -- An Exercise In Game Design
     (Ordering TV a la carte)
8.  Monetizing Online Journalism   New to List
7.  Hillary's Secret Weapon: Bernie   New to List
6.  Presidential Aplomb
     (I rank US presidents)
5.  Take It To A Higher Level
     (using on-line voting to make Congress work)
4.  The Mighty 55 -- Rock 'N' Roll's Greatest
3.  Supreme Court 4/4 Tie In November -- The Scariest, Worst-Case Scenario
     (having nine justices on the court is vital)
2.  Meet, Greet 'N' Seat
     (designing a more democratic presidential primary system)
1.  Gamified Labor -- On The Clock
     (encouraging efficiency at work)


As of 3/16/16:

Most Read

10. Meet, Greet 'N' Seat  (March 11 '16)
9. Supreme Court 4/4 Tie in November -- The Scariest, Worst-Case Scenario (Feb. 29, 16)
8. My Little Twitter Idea -- Finally Revealed  (Jan. 3, '16)
7. What A Schock! (Oct. 18, '10)
6. Gamified Labor -- On The Clock (Nov. 24, '13)
5. Feedback On My Little Twitter Idea (Jan. 8, '16)
4. My Little Twitter Idea (May 5, '15)
3. Rock's Mighty 55 - The Meta-View (Nov. 22, '15)
2. Presidential Aplomb (Nov. 17, '13)
1. 13 Positions For A Republican Reboot (Nov. 12, '15)


Best

10.  My Favorite Web Links (constantly updated)
9.  Unbundling Pay TV -- An Exercise In Game Design
     (Ordering TV a la carte)
8.  America's First Published Poet
7.  Looking Back At The Architect
     (I review a revisionist book about Christ)
6.  Presidential Aplomb
     (I rank US presidents)
5.  Take It To A Higher Level
     (using on-line voting to make Congress work)
4.  The Mighty 55 -- Rock 'N' Roll's Greatest
3.  Supreme Court 4/4 Tie In November -- The Scariest, Worst-Case Scenario
     (having nine justices on the court is vital)
2.  Meet, Greet 'N' Seat
     (designing a more democratic presidential primary system)
1.  Gamified Labor -- On The Clock
     (encouraging efficiency at work)


Notes about these results (3/16):

* Chronologically, 7 out of 10 of my most read posts appeared within the past year, so hopefully I'm getting more interesting.

* My most extensive writing involves the Mighty 55.  This is a separate blog devoted to the most important rock 'n' roll.   The blog posts referencing it, above, are summaries.  Here's a link to the blog itself.  Incidentally, the most popular entries are The Kinks and Janis Joplin (tie), followed by Radiohead (5/22/16 update: most popular is now my #1, Natalie Merchant. My #2 "The Greatest Rock & Roll Band" and #46 The Kinks, are tied for 2nd.  Janis, #49, now at #3).

* Here are a few musings RE: my most popular:
#7, from way back in 2010, was a critique of Aaron Schock, the now disgraced ex-congressman who resigned after it was revealed, in '14, that he had misused campaign funds.
#4 is actually another idea that I used to tease my little twitter idea (which, itself, was only revealed half a year later: #8).
#1, my most popular, is a list of positions that the Republican party could adopt in order to move itself back to being a more centrist party.

No comments:

Post a Comment