Saturday, January 21, 2017

Our Teenager-In-Chief?

The Bumbler 45000

Protesting the newly inaugurated administration in Washington is something most people will shy away from.  They'll turn down the volume and work on their hobbies.

Others will hold up a mirror to the inevitable ineptitude of what strikes me as a teenager-who-thinks-he's-got-it (hey, I'm a big boy, the answers're so simple, just apply power and..., whoops I broke it).

Naturally, I won't be obsessing; but neither will I be oblivious.  Instead, I'm rolling out a newly acquired gadget, the Bumbler 45000, which will keep track of the hash being made in DC.

Unfortunately, the 45000 doesn't register anything over 45%.  So, to turn the machine off, the new administration will have to get its approval number up to at least 45%, in which case I'll turn the thing off.

Presently, the 45000 registers a modestly gloomy 38000-40000.  For the coming month I look for a slight uptick to 41500, due to the inevitable goodwill a new beginning engenders.  And whenever I think it warranted, I'll repost this with an adjusted setting.

The reason I'm fiddling with this gadget is that I intend to suggest, from time to time, a way forward.

RE my initial advice to essentially add a lottery to Obamacare and call it Trumpcare:  Due to the lottery's draw, the new signers-up--mainly young and healthy--would be just what the ACA needed to work better.  In fact, the $3-4 billion spent on the lottery each year would likely pay for itself, over time, with lower premiums.  The upshot: something like a 44500 reading as everyone gasped at Mr. Trump's brilliant first step forward.

So, what about the gadget's lower readings, you ask?  This is what I'll call a Default Win.  That's because the lower the reading, the likelier a purge of flunkies.  The worst case scenario is that the Bumbler 45000 never makes it above 40000, nor below 30000, and the teenager sticks to his initial team out of a sense of loyalty.

To be fair, I'll also ID anything that looks like a smart move.  For example, because our teenager wants to fight "the establishment"--a likely con (What else are you going to say when appointing fat cats to high office?), there are potential seeds for a success or two.  So far, the consensus is that there's at least one grown-up in the cabinet: the 'mad dog' at Defense.  Update: Add VA Secretary nominee to this list.

Unflinching Projection for the end of January: 41500



No comments:

Post a Comment