Monday, April 13, 2020

One More 'Outside-The-Envelope' Idea

#276: Biden Could Just Wake Everybody Up
.........................
What if Joe Biden took a step back from his presidential run, and said to himself:

"I'm going to do this the easy way.  Forget the impossible VP pick that everybody's telling me I have to make.  I'll just turn it over to the experts, the leaders in my party.  And since I've said I'm picking a woman, the expert panel's all-female.
  * First, I'll vet possible vice presidents, and whittle the number down to three.
  * Second, I'll ask seven female party leaders to pick one.  I'll ask:
     * Michelle Obama
     * Hillary Clinton
     * Nancy Pelosi
     * Stacey Abrams
     * Michelle Lujan Grisham
     * Sharice Davids
     * Tammy Duckworth
  * I get one of the three choices I'm comfortable with, but I don't get any blow-back.  Instead, I'm underscoring that I listen to female voices, rather than it always being the other way 'round.
  * Four votes is all it takes."

No comments:

Post a Comment