Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Joni Mitchell's Album Covers, Ranked

#289: "I’m a painter first. I sing my sorrow and I paint my joy."

.........................

You'll need to click this link (thanks, Paste) to view the album covers, themselves.

A few comments:

* I'm in the same "don't try to smile" boat as Joni.  It's brave, of course, when your livelihood depends on attracting attention.

* I bought Court and Spark soon after it came out (my former roommate had played it quite a bit).  Plus, I've heard her most famous work on the radio.  And, eventually, I'll listen to her newer material.

* My instinct, for some reason, is to fall for the portraiture, (top ten, with one exception).

Countdown:

#19: The Hissing of Summer Lawns

#18: Don Juan's Reckless Daughter

#17: Mingus

#16: Shine

#15: Dog Eat Dog

#14: Night Ride Home

#13: Chalk Mark In A Rainstorm

#12: Turbulent Indigo

#11: Both Sides Now

#10: Ladies of The Canyon

#9: Song To A Seagull

#8: Court and Spark

#7: Clouds

#6: Blue

#5: Taming The Tiger

#4: Wild Things Run Fast

#3: Travelogue

#2: For The Roses

#1: Hejira

...........................

My Top 55 Rock & Roll Artists List (the Mighty 55) has Joni ranked #10.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment