Monday, May 30, 2016

June Updates

Links To All Updated Blog Posts

I recently revisited, and in some cases re-edited, all 74 blog posts.  Here's a list of those I updated, beginning with my fifth article way back on November 2, 2010:

#5: Take It To A Higher Level.  11/2/10.  A simple change that makes politics people-powered.
Update: How a congress-critter could actually 'see' each constituent opinion--secret vote not necessary. Also, Los Angeles' proposal to pay voters to vote (illegal, on federal level).

#27: Unbundling Pay TV.  5/12/13.  Paying less for the TV channels you want.
Update: Provided guesstimated cost/savings.  Also, link to related article.

#33: Presidential Aplomb.  11/17/13.  Ranking US presidents.
Update: Minor clarifications.

#35: Gamified Labor.  11/24/13.  Making work into a game.
Update: Emphasized the importance of unions and bargaining to prevent pseudo-rewards.

#37: Anonymous Safety. 1/6/14.  A safe internet that can still allow anonymity.
Update: Added a trigger warning for foul language and other harassment issues.

#38: What Is Brainpower.  2/1/14,   Forgetfulness as internal cue.
Update: Made the example of forgetfulness I describe consistent, and easier to understand.

#41: The Hive Mind.  4/5/14.  Prediction as social media.
Update: Added link to a website that comes pretty close to what I propose.

#42: Farm Heroes Saga.  4/17/14.  My experience with this game app.
Update: My impressions, having now progressed from level 50 to 500....

#44: Obama.  1/3/15.  I talk about our president.
Update: I incorporate material I posted on Alex Voltaire's Northumbrian Countdown blog.

#46: My Favorite Web Links.  3/14/15.  Top ten list.
Update: #4 is now a link to the music I listen to; plus some clarifications.

#54: 13 Positions For A Republican Reboot.  11/12/15.  Proposed Re-make For Republican Party.
Update: Rewrote #12 and #13.

#60: My Little Twitter Idea Finally Revealed.  1/3/16.  Twitter could be a bigger beast.
Update: I rewrote the piece, incorporating subsequent feedback into the original.

#66: My Best Blogging.  3/16/16.  Statistics for this site's 'best' and 'most popular'.
Update: both Best and Most Popular are updated to the present.

#67: Playing The President. 3/16/16.  GMT's presidential decision-making boardgame.
Update: three additional comments since my piece was first published.

#72: Monetizing Online Journalism.  4/11/16.  Imagining an ad-free world, starting with a blogger's banquet.
Update: Added the possibility that if this idea were considered gambling, it could be run by a non-profit, and therefore be legal.

#73: Trump's Possible Veep Picks.  5/14/16.  Already two updates!
Update: The boomlet for Robert Gates, and the sinking of New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez.  I don't think the cork can be put back in the top-5 prospects bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment